- Chair and Vice Chair
Purpose - Ensure the committee functions properly
- To plan and run meetings in accordance with our Constitution
- To ensure matters are dealt with in an orderly, efficient manner
- To bring impartiality and objectivity to meetings and decision-making
- To facilitate change and address conflict within the Committee
- To review governance performance and skills
Purpose - Ensure responsible administration and to facilitate efficient communication
between committee and members.
- To prepare agendas in consultation with the Chair
- To receive agenda items from other committee members
- To check that quorum is present
- To minute meetings and circulate the draft minutes to all committee members
- To circulate calling notice, agendas and minutes of committee meetings,
the annual general meeting (AGM) and any special or extraordinary general meetings
- To distribute the approved minutes
- To make arrangements for meetings
- To deal with general CCAA correspondence
Purpose - maintain an overview of the association’s financial affairs,
ensuring its viability and ensuring that proper financial records and procedures are maintained.
- General financial oversight
- To oversee and present budgets, accounts and financial statements
- To ensure that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place
- To ensure compliance with relevant legislation
- To ensure any recommendations of the auditors are implemented
- To ensure accounts meet the conditions of contractual agreements with external
agencies such as funders and statutory bodies including OSCR
- To present financial reports to the secretary and committee
- To make a presentation of the accounts at the annual general meeting (AGM)
- To advise on the Association’s reserves policy and investment policy
- To advise on the financial implications of the Association’s strategic and operational plans
- Membership Secretary
Purpose - To ensure up-to-date records are kept of association membership
- To establish and maintain an up to date database of members’ details
- Provide regular updates of membership to CCAA officers
- To liaise with the Secretary and Treasurer as required
- PR Manager
Purpose – To act as external point of contact for all communication issues.
- Issuing press releases as required
- Preparing and issuing advertisements and notices
- Maintaining contact with other Allotment organisations
- Events Manager
Purpose – To organise and deliver social and educational events
- Establishing and managing team to deliver social and educational events as required.
- Organising catering
- Organising resources required for events
Purpose – To manage operation of polytunnel.
- Coordinating activities of polytunnel plot holders, dealing with day-to-day
issues as they arise to ensure the smooth running of the facility.
- To co-ordinate and organise work parties to maintain and clean Poly tunnel
- To develop and improve structure of Polytunnel. i.e Paths, doors etc
- To be involved in Site Inspections and ensure criteria is adhered to
- To produce Polytunnel plan identifying Bay numbers and tenants
- Maintaining details of polytunnel plot holders.
- Collecting rents to be passed to Treasurer
- Buildings Manager
Purpose – to manage the maintenance and cleaning of CCAA buildings.
- Manage work group to clean portacabin and toilet block as necessary
- Liaise with Project Manager to identify maintenance requirements for buildings
- Liaise with Treasurer to ensure adequate stock of equipment and disposable supplies
- Site Manager
Purpose – to maintain the communal areas of the site.
- Managing work group to maintain communal areas
- Identifying potential site improvements
- Maintaining an equipment inventory together with maintenance schedule
- Ensuring the provision of appropriate training to work group members
- Ensuring site tidiness
- To organise and carry out Site Inspections
- To carry out administration tasks associated with Site Inspections
- To liase with Maintenance Team and Buildings Manager
- Project Manager
Purpose – to organise and maintain an overview of delivery of major and strategic projects.
- Advising on delivery of major development projects
- To advise on the fundraising strategy of the organisation
- To liase with Treasurer on securing external funding for Site Development
- Overseeing delivery of building and site maintenance projects
- Advising on technical issues in respect of site.
Purpose – To manage welfare of CCAA bees and hives.
- Ensuring the welfare of our bee population
- Managing the stocks and maintenance of CCAA bee-keeping equipment
- Dealing with day-to-day issues as they arise to ensure the smooth running of the hives
- Arranging for the sale to members of any surplus honey
- Liaising with external bodies such as Moray Beekeeping Association
- The Beekeeper will report to the CCAA Committee on a regular basis